Robin had his chest washed out again this morning at
On the other side...
In the next day or so they will do an EEG on Robin to make sure that there is still brain function--the neurologist said that the coughing was an indication that the brain was still functioning at autonomic levels--the EEG will give them some idea whether it is also still functioning at higher levels--the stuff makes Robin the funny guy that he is! The doctor said that he has no indications to think that Robin is not "still in the building", but since he has been unable to bring him to consciousness since the operation and due to the tremendous efforts being expended to keep him alive, we need to be sure that the efforts are not in vain.
Today is the first day that the doctor told me exactly about the condition of Robin's heart. The right side was not functioning at all when he put in the VAD and if function cannot be restored, he will need a heart transplant. The doctor has already alerted Stanford that this may be a possibility. However, a transplant is not possible if there is any sign of infection, so now is a real good time for more prayers both for the EEG and the infection.
This is possibly the single most difficult thing I have ever had to live through--It is so hard to see my very best friend in such a bad state. I am holding it together by the thinnest of threads. I feel the love from all of you reading this, and hope to have better news soon.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Day 11--Barbara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Barbara,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I wish there was something we could do, but I can't think of anything. So we are just quietly staying out of the way - and praying for Robin to get well.
Tyler, Thalia, Nicholas, Joshua, and Lindsay
Hi Barbara,
Our most positive thoughts are with both of you.
Love,
John and Emmi
Dear Barbara,
Thanks for your updates and we pray for your continued strength and progress with Robin's recovery.
Speaking of "...Robin the funny guy that he is!", I remember Robin taunting a checkout clerk at some store in Rio Nido who looked at him sideways trying to decide if he was old enough to buy beer. She finally asked for some ID and he lit up with a BIG grin on his face. Apparently he was no stranger to this treatment as his boyish good looks managed to conceal his age well. We laughed all the way back to the parking lot.
I was still a minor then and all I wanted was to be older... Today, every once in a while I get carded and think of my funny cousin laughing as he threw down his ID.
We're hanging in there with you!
God's Blessings,
~da Lums
Tod, Jeanine, Jacob & Jessica
Barbara,
I can't even imagine how difficult this is, even reading about it is hard. There are a lot of people who care about you and Robin, and want to know what is happening, but without asking for your time and attention, or possibly interrupting something important by calling at a bad time. So thanks for this.
All the best,
Jeff
Barbara-
I am just distraught with this news. I continue to hold you and Robin in my prayers. I will happily bring you food or come and share a meal with you. Call if either would be helpful (481.1638 H or 317.4759 W)
Much love,
Mary Milton
Barbara
My sincerest thoughts and prayers for both of you. Bless you for being so strong and steadfast, although you must be exhausted and drained. I believe Robin knows that you are by his side and is holding on in part due to people who care for him. Thank you for these posts. They help us cope.
Bob Archibald
Auntie Barbara,
I am thinking of you, Robin and the rest of the family every day. I wish there was so much that I could do, but I guess all I can do is be there for you. I am close by, so please call me if you need anything...or nothing at all. I love you all very much, and I am glad that I can stay updated.
My prayers and heart are with you all.
Brittan
Dear Barbara,
Thank you for taking the time to create this blog on Robin. Eric and I have been thinking of you both daily and praying for Robin's recovery. I have faith in the power of love to overcome obstacles, and I know you love him very much. I'm sure he feels that. Take care of yourself dear.
Barbara, thanks for taking the time to keep everyone informed. I hope you heard that the blood drive at school was so swamped with donors that, early 4th block, they had to regretfully begin turning people away. I had two seniors stumble drunkenly into calculus, comparing how much blood they were able to give.
And every time I walk past you class, your kids are hard at work, oblivious to the sub. Still, we all miss you!
Carlos
Auntie Barbara,
I would like to do what uncle Robin would do in Paris today. I am very affected by this awful passage and experience. My hearfelt feelings go out to your children Darren, Corey and you. I wish you much strength to continue what good things you and Robin believe in. With much love, Corvina
Post a Comment